Yes, this is mandatory. You must own the Master rights in order to be allowed to monetize a recording on YouTube.
Articles in this section
- Can all type of songs be monetized with Content ID?
- I received a copyright claim on my YouTube video, is it normal?
- What percentage do you take on YouTube monetization revenues?
- What is YouTube Content ID and how does it work?
- What is YouTube monetization?
- Minimum duration accepted by YouTube Audio Content ID
- Will "buy" links be placed below my YouTube videos if I monetize with your service?
- Does my song need to have been released commercially on iTunes or other platforms?
- What is a "Sound recording" on YouTube?
- What happens after I deliver my songs to YouTube Content ID for monetization?